• Godspeed You! Black Emporer "G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!" LP+10"
Come with extra 10"
Written while on their final tour pre-COVID and recorded during the second wave of the pandemic, G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END explores what hope looks like in end times for the Montreal collective. That’s not to say G_d’s Pee is off brand for Godspeed You!, or even that it forces new perspective. It simply continues to roll the stone up the hill with enough grace to wipe the sweat from its brow.
G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END gets down to it quickly. This is a good thing. For the incredible landscapes that this band can paint, the quick attack on this release is a welcome approach after a year of forced sitting and waiting. It sprawls and it crawls and it sings and it scans. It plays with radio frequencies, it finds its way to a major key. This is not an hallelujah, it is a revolution. It is a defiance to the social infrastructures that have failed us. By flipping the instrumental script and spotlighting End Times we visit the moment the cities were burned, rather than surveying the land afterward
1. A Military Alphabet (five eyes all blind) (4521.0kHz 6730.0kHz 4109.09kHz) / Job’s Lament / First of the Last Glaciers / where we break how we shine (ROCKETS FOR MARY) 20:22
2. Fire at Static Valley 05:58
3. “GOVERNMENT CAME” (9980.0kHz 3617.1kHz 4521.0 kHz) / Cliffs Gaze / cliffs’ gaze at empty waters’ rise / ASHES TO SEA or NEARER TO THEE 19:47
4. OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN (for D.H.) 06:30